Week #5 Report - GSoC - Make SVM format independent of the VCL Metafile

Πανος Κοροβεσης panoskorovesis at outlook.com
Sun Jul 11 11:02:26 UTC 2021

Good morning everyone,

This week I worked on the SvmReader[1][2] class needed to make svm
format independent of the VCl Metafile.
I pushed several commits[3] with different handlers for the metaact[4]
sub-classes. The last handler has to do with MetaMaskAction::Read.
The handlers yet to be implemented start from MetaMaskScaleAction until
MetaTextLanguageAction.
The svmtest[5] is currently using all the implemented handlers of the
SvmReader and everything is
working smoothly.
In my local machine the class is about 90% completed and the completed
handlers will be pushed shortly!

Code pointers:
[1]
https://opengrok.libreoffice.org/xref/core/vcl/source/filter/svm/SvmReader.cxx?r=4146be28
[2]
https://opengrok.libreoffice.org/xref/core/include/vcl/filter/SvmReader.hxx?r=4146be28
[3] https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/q/panos+korovesis
[4]
https://opengrok.libreoffice.org/xref/core/include/vcl/metaact.hxx?r=4146be28
[5]
https://opengrok.libreoffice.org/xref/core/vcl/qa/cppunit/svm/svmtest.cxx?r=960d8c22

Next week TODO's:

1) Complete the SvmReader class
2) Begin working on SvmWriter

SvmWriter will have a similar purpose with SvmReader, only this time the
MetaAction::Write functions will be targeted and replaced with the
appropriate handlers.

That's all for this week! Let me know if you have any thoughts on the
subjects mentioned above.

Regards,
Panos Korovesis