lt_string_value assertion and MS x-none languagetag (was: testVerticallyMergedCellBorder failing on some systems)

Miklos Vajna vmiklos at collabora.com
Tue Jul 13 07:34:40 UTC 2021

Hi Eike,

On Mon, Jul 12, 2021 at 03:13:52PM +0200, Eike Rathke <erack at redhat.com> wrote:
> <w:themeFontLang w:val="en-US" w:eastAsia="x-none" w:bidi="x-none"/>
>
> Breaking in LanguageTag implementation revealed that it's passed to
> writerfilter/source/dmapper/ThemeTable.cxx
> ThemeTable::setThemeFontLangProperties()
> the PropertyValue aPropSeq contains
> eastAsia = "x-none"
> bidi = "x-none"
>
> So apparently this private use languagetag is not so privately used by
> MS-Word and escapes to the outer world. Am I guessing right that it
> denotes the absence of Asian and CTL font features?

Interestingly if I now re-save that document in Word, the problematic
attributes disappear.

So this is likely output from an older Word version, today Word either
writes a valid value for w:eastAsia"..." and w:bidi="..." or omits these
attributes, which means "determine it automatically".

17.15.1.88 themeFontLang (Theme Font Languages) in the OOXML spec
documents this, it does not say what would be the meaning of x-none in
this context.

Regards,

Miklos