Are there ideas for client-server model.

Stef Bon stefbon at gmail.com
Sat Jul 17 13:29:12 UTC 2021

Hi all,

so to make this work I have to port code from de Online server created by
Collabora to Libreoffce?

My ideas:
- client server model, documents stay on server, clients get access based
upon the userid, their pk/private  and local  rules (ACL).
- there is a secure connection (SSH, Wireguard)
- client gets toolbars from server.
- user can chat text/video public and private with other users in same
domain.
- users can do things according to ACL's like create a document, read-
write and/or append, delete a document.
- client has a window to the document (a page). Users can work together at
the same time, not write to the same page and/or paragraph/sentence.
Readers can follow somebody else's writing though.

I'm working on a set of services (Open Secure Network Services) providing
all kinds of services over a secure connection (SSH based), like file
sharing sftp (I'm working on a smb client using libsmb2), text/video chat,
synchronization, git filesystem, backup. browse services like printers and
scanners and use them from network.

See: https://github.com/stefbon/OSNS

I'm willing to work on this, but since Collabora has already written an
online server, is it possible to port that code to libreoffice?

Stef