Problems with unittest testEffectExtentInline

Miklos Vajna vmiklos at collabora.com
Thu Jun 10 07:30:27 UTC 2021

Hi Regina,

On Wed, Jun 09, 2021 at 03:33:59PM +0200, Regina Henschel <rb.henschel at t-online.de> wrote:
> I'm currently working on https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/c/core/+/115668
> WIP improve wrap margins in docx filters
>
> My current state is, that distances needed for shadow and glow, for rotation
> and for fat stroke/border are read from docx, and they are written to docx
> from docx and from odt. That works for "normal" cases besides +-1Twip
> rounding errors somewhere and border thickness for frames, which is not yet
> implemented.
>
> But I have trouble with unittest testEffectExtentInline [1]. The document in
> testEffectExtentInline would need a negative bottom margin (UI wrap distance
> from text). But that is not possible in LO, bug tdf#141880. The test does
> not fail in current LO, because it does not determine the actual values of
> the image, but simple writes out the values from InteropGrabBag. If the user
> changes the rotate angle to 90deg (and put it back to vertical 'top to base
> line') or sets the bottom margin to 1cm for example, the exported docx file
> has unsuitable effectExtent. That results currently in a wrong line height
> in Word.

Would it help to empty the grab-bag when the user modifies the rotation
(or modifies the object in any way)?

The idea with grab-bag was to use that during export, and the UI to
empty them grab-bag when the user modifies the object. In practice, I
think only impress shapes drop the smartart grab-gag on text edit,
nothing else implements such emptying.

Regards,

Miklos