LibreOfficeAndroid APK compilation issues

Michael Weghorn m.weghorn at posteo.de
Fri Jun 11 12:31:07 UTC 2021

Hi,

On 2021-06-01 04:22, 🌸 猫咪 wrote:
> Hello!I am a developer compiling LibreOffice. I would like to ask you
> a question. Why does the Android APK compiled according to the
> official requirements flash back when opening the Office document?

Opening documents with Android Viewer works for me in an own master
build and with the daily build available from TDF (tested also on real
arm32 and arm64 devices).

Can you be more specific what "flash back" means? Does the app crash?
Is there possibly any relevant information in the ADB log?

Does it work when you install the APK from TDF's daily build instead?
It's available here:
https://dev-builds.libreoffice.org/daily/master/current.html

> My compile environment:
>
> Ubuntu20.04
>
> The NDK: r19c or NDK22.1
>
> Android4.0 or Android5.0 or Android11.0
>
> JDK11

What options are you passing to 'autogen.sh' (e.g. via autogen.input)?
What Android device are you using?

FYI, I'm mostly using an x86 AVD (Android Virtual Device) and use this
autogen.input (with '...' being the path to my home dir) for development
purposes:

     --build=x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu
     --with-android-ndk=.../Android/Sdk/ndk/20.0.5594570/
     --with-android-sdk=.../Android/Sdk
     --with-distro=LibreOfficeAndroidX86
     --enable-sal-log
     --enable-ccache
     --enable-dbgutil
     --with-jdk-home=/usr/lib/jvm/java-11-openjdk-amd64/