I want to contribute for LibreOffice

Dante Doménech dante19031999 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 2 13:40:55 UTC 2021

Wellcome!

First thing is download the code (git clone and further steps):
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/BuildingOnLinux
Then, you can take a look at the easy hacks if you don't already know what
you want to fix.
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/EasyHacks
For browsing the code and search thru it you may find useful opengrok:
https://opengrok.libreoffice.org/

Asking for help:
For main libreoffice you select the core project.
If you want real time help you can ask here: IRC #libreoffice-dev
You can access it here for example: https://webchat.freenode.net/
Or use for example an app like Srain. https://srain.im/
You can also use this mail list to ask questions.
You can ask for example for the directory of a given module or about where
to find some specific task code.

Legal stuff:
Once you're sure you'll need to send a mail here:
libreoffice at lists.freedesktop.org
Saying: All of my past & future contributions to LibreOffice may be licensed
under the MPLv2/LGPLv3+ dual license.

Submitting:
You're gonna need a gerrit account:
https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/q/status:open+-is:wip
This requires a SSH key and submit to gerrit the public part. Here:
https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/settings/
Finally for submitting you can use ./logerrit submit master or git push
origin HEAD:refs/for/master.
You can upload as work in progress with: git push origin
HEAD:refs/for/master%wip.
Jenkins will build and check your changes. Sometimes Jenkis windows fail
(only windows).
You can ask on the IRC channel for a resume, it is less expensive than a
rebase on top of master branch.
You'll need a reviewer for the merge. You can ask on the IRC who would do
it.

This should cover the most important points.
If you need more accurate help, please ask.

Regards,