CppunitTest_vcl_skia failing on tb68 with illegal instruction

Luboš Luňák l.lunak at collabora.com
Tue Mar 9 13:19:14 UTC 2021

On Tuesday 09 of March 2021, Stephan Bergmann wrote:
> (e.g., <https://ci.libreoffice.org/job/gerrit_windows/90702/>).
>
> @Luboš:  I assume that external/skia (maybe since
> <https://git.libreoffice.org/core/+/ad8bff9d2625524999871ace65cfe0382f991f2
>4%5E!/> "update Skia to chrome/m90", which reached master on 2021-03-03?) is
> built with support for instruction set extensions that are not available on
> tb68.

 That doesn't make sense to me. The crashing test calls normal Skia code that
shouldn't be special WRT instruction sets, and it's normally compiled with
clang-cl without explicit instruction set flags. The only plausible
explanation I can think of is that clang-cl defaults to a higher instruction
set default than cl's (or ours) and the relevant code is somehow unlucky to
have clang-cl to actually use such an instruction there. But even that
doesn't really make sense, because that code should get called also by some
of the previous tests. Moreover tb68 is reportedly E5530 CPU, which supports
up to SSE4.2, so I don't quite see how something would get accidentally
compiled to something not supported there without people noticing. Even on
x86_64 clang doesn't default to anything higher than the baseline SSE2.

 Is it possible to debug the crash?

--
 Luboš Luňák
 l.lunak at collabora.com