oox import/export of custom shape extrusion

Miklos Vajna vmiklos at collabora.com
Fri Mar 19 13:36:29 UTC 2021

Hi Regina,

On Fri, Mar 19, 2021 at 02:20:54PM +0100, Regina Henschel <rb.henschel at t-online.de> wrote:
> It would indeed make the structure much easier, if only the situations "no
> grabBag" and "only grabBag" need to be handled. So that is fine for me.
>
> OOX has some 3D properties, which do not exist in ODF and/or cannot be
> rendered by LO. Those would be lost in a PPTX - LO - PPTX roundtrip. Of
> cause they will be lost in PPTX - LO - ODF anyway.

The grab-bag format is only in the memory, so you don't have to care
about stability / compatibility there (just keep import and export in
sync). If something works for LO shapes, those can be properly
imported/exported. If the shape is edited, the grab-bag can be emptied.
And finally if a property is not something an LO shape / ODF can handle,
it can stay in grab-bag.

That way you would never have conflicting information in the grab-bag
and in the real document model on export. Would this approach work?

Regards,

Miklos