License statement as a prerequisite for gerrit account

Eike Rathke erack at redhat.com
Mon Mar 29 13:24:44 UTC 2021

Hi,

On Sunday, 2021-03-28 02:36:49 -0700, julien2412 wrote:

> I noticed several times some patches on gerrit for which authors hadn't send
> yet their license statement.
> Of course when asking, the license statement is provided but to avoid to
> miss it and risk some legal problem, thought it could be relevant to make
> license statement as prerequisite for a gerrit account.

Maybe not a prerequisite for a gerrit account (contributors want that
quickly to push a change and you don't want their hard disk die before
;-), but a prerequisite for being able to merge a change. Often enough
when I spot a new name at a change I look up the dev statement and if
not found mention that during review, but I'm also guilty not thinking
of or asking only after merging.

  Eike

--
GPG key 0x6A6CD5B765632D3A - 2265 D7F3 A7B0 95CC 3918  630B 6A6C D5B7 6563 2D3A