AVX512 build error (Re: Error on the headers we are using to build.)

Luboš Luňák l.lunak at collabora.com
Tue May 18 10:48:55 UTC 2021

On Tuesday 18 of May 2021, Dante Doménech wrote:
> That file is mine: https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/c/core/+/115675

 First of all, please learn to write better mails. This should have been
included in the first mail, together with a better mail subject. It's hard to
do anything about a mail with a vague subject that omits the important parts.

> The affected header is one of intel's intrinsics.
> The file is: immintrin.h
> For GCC / clang it depends on: avx512fintrin.h
>
> This is the definition for GCC on github:
> extern __inline __m512d
> __attribute__ ((__gnu_inline__, __always_inline__, __artificial__))
> _mm512_abs_pd (__m512d __A)

 The build message says the function has a different propotype, so presumably
this is not the header that is used. Apparently the Gerrit build uses an
older GCC without
https://gcc.gnu.org/git/?p=gcc.git;a=commit;f=gcc/config/i386/avx512fintrin.h;h=23bce99cbe7016a04e14c2163ed3fe6a5a64f4e2 .
So you'll need to write a check for that.

 As for the HW statistics, LO is not used just on gamer's machines, so
presumably Steam statistics do not quite apply. I recently checked based on
LO crashreports and AVX is ~80% according to those. So please leave the SSE2
version in.

--
 Luboš Luňák
 l.lunak at collabora.com