About tdf#145831 "Typo in Portable Network Graphics string" and avoid breaking potential public interface or existing LO profile

Julien Nabet serval2412 at yahoo.fr
Tue Nov 23 08:02:48 UTC 2021

Hello

Following the comment of a translator, Sophie submitted tdf#145831 "Typo
in Portable Network Graphics string".

Indeed, PNG means "Portable Network Graphics" not "Portable Network
Graphic" (just the lacking final "s" then).

I asked Andrea to take it a look since he submitted a lot of typos fixes
and he submitted https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/c/core/+/125680

I agree with the bugtracker and the Andrea's patch but when I saw all
the impacted files, I just wonder if it can be pushed as it is now or if
some of these changes can't be made because of public interfaces.

Also, perhaps it also requires a brand new LO profile so everything
works but in this case it means it would break existing LO profile?

Any thoughts?

Julien