Problem with vswhere.exe

Ilmari Lauhakangas ilmari.lauhakangas at libreoffice.org
Wed Nov 24 13:09:39 UTC 2021

It seems there is some recent issue with vswhere.exe that is making the
invocation in our configure.ac give blank output. This is now affecting
three newcomers.

Mike Kaganski has been providing assistance and we have double-checked
screenshots of Visual Studio installer. The installers show the right
components, but this command outputs nothing on the affected systems:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\Installer\vswhere.exe"
-prerelease -version "[ 16 , 17 )" -requires
Microsoft.VisualStudio.Component.VC.Tools.x86.x64 -property installationPath

This happened both with VS2019 and 2022.

Any ideas on how to troubleshoot this?

Ilmari