Not sure how to make Libreoffice support non-English documents

Jun 711 jun711blog at gmail.com
Tue Nov 30 04:02:47 UTC 2021

Thank you. We gave that a try and it solved font issue as in previously,
all the converted text had the same font.
However, it still doesn't work for these languages: Chinese, Japanese,
Korean and Punjabi out of the 8 languages that we tested.
This is what we had in our test.docx. The converted pdf doesn't contain the
font of Chinese, Japanese, Korean and Punjabi. It seems fine for the other
4 languages.

```
Chinese: 这是一个测试
Japanese: これはテストです
Korean : 이것은 시험이다
Arabic: هذا اختبار
Russian: это проверка
Hebrew: זה מבחן
Greek: αυτό είναι ένα τεστ
Punjabi: ਇਹ ਇੱਕ ਟੈਸਟ ਹੈ
```

Is there anything we can modify in `share/registry/main.xcd` file like what
this user wrote in this thread:
https://ask.libreoffice.org/t/how-to-set-default-fontsize-without-gui/22545
?