Windows build gets stuck, if parallelism greater than 1

Christian Lohmaier lohmaier at googlemail.com
Tue Nov 30 13:55:44 UTC 2021

Hi *,

On Sat, Nov 20, 2021 at 6:44 PM Ilmari Lauhakangas
<ilmari.lauhakangas at libreoffice.org> wrote:
> On 20.11.2021 12.03, Ilmari Lauhakangas wrote:
> > My mentee is having an issue, where plain make gets stuck in
>
> It turns out parallel building at full steam works fine on C: drive, so
> the problem was having Cygwin in E: drive!

certainly don't have cywgin itself installed to another drive, but
building on another volume isn't a general problem. On the
release-build machine I also had to add another drive and now build in
/cygdrive/e/r

It is a local drive, not a network volume (i use a network share (nfs
mounted share to drive letter N) to store the external tarballs
without issue.

Some jenkins slaves have a unusual setup where an additional drive is
mapped to a path and not a different drive letter, so that would work
as well.

ciao
Christian