Email Address On Messages from Mailing Lists

Eike Rathke erack at redhat.com
Mon Apr 11 22:14:27 UTC 2022

Hi flywire,

On Monday, 2022-04-11 18:48:12 +1000, flywire wrote:

> Reply normally... replies. Why can't the mailing lists use the list's email
> address with Poster's name instead of Poster's email address?

Because that is not how the lists work. And it would make group-replies
where the reply goes also directly to the poster, like this one,
impossible.

> Poster's email address could even be confidential.

Then don't write to a mailing list with such address.

It's also clearly pointed out at
https://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/

| Please remember: everything you post to our public mailing lists,
| including your e-mail address and any other personal information
| contained in your message, will be publicly archived and cannot be
| deleted. So, please do post wisely.

  Eike

--
GPG key 0x6A6CD5B765632D3A - 2265 D7F3 A7B0 95CC 3918  630B 6A6C D5B7 6563 2D3A