Libreoffice error during autogen

Stephan Bergmann sbergman at redhat.com
Thu Aug 4 08:49:07 UTC 2022

[I took the liberty to move this to libreoffice at lists.freedesktop.org,
where it IMO fits better; please try to avoid private mails:]

On 8/4/22 10:23, Julien Nabet wrote:
> Hello Stephan,
>
> On pc Debian x86-64 with master sources updated today, I got:
>
> configure: compiler plugins compile flags: -I/usr/lib/llvm-14/include
> -std=c++14   -fno-exceptions -D_GNU_SOURCE -D__STDC_CONSTANT_MACROS
> -D__STDC_FORMAT_MACROS -D__STDC_LIMIT_MACROS
> checking for clang/Basic/SourceLocation.h... yes
> checking for clang libraries to use...
> configure: error: Cannot find Clang libraries to build compiler plugins.
> Error running configure at ./autogen.sh line 322.
>

> I noticed 5078591de9a0e65ca560a4f1913e90dfe95f66bf CLANGTOOLLIBS needs
> to include -lclangSupport now

Seeing that that change passed Jenkins, I naively assumed that
libclangSupport would generally be available with our compiler plugins
Clang 12.0.1 baseline (even if I myself only checked that change with my
local LLVM 16 trunk build).

Please look into your config.log, why exactly "checking for clang
libraries to use" fails for you.