New Defects reported by Coverity Scan for LibreOffice

Caolán McNamara caolanm at redhat.com
Tue Aug 16 10:45:21 UTC 2022

On Mon, 2022-08-15 at 22:46 +0000, scan-admin at coverity.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Please find the latest report on new defect(s) introduced to
> LibreOffice found with Coverity Scan.
>
> 236 new defect(s) introduced to LibreOffice found with Coverity Scan.

Since the 15th the version of coverity we were using (Coverity 2020.09)
is no longer supported, so we're forced to upgrade to a more recent
one.

Unfortunately recent coverity has a lot of spew wrt std::optional
https://community.synopsys.com/s/article/FP-Uninitialized-scalar-variable-defects-caused-by-usage-of-std-optional

And it's "Dereference before null check" handling of std::unique_ptr
misses that foo.reset() puts foo into a "null" state so there are quite
a lot of false positives in those two categories.

I'll experiment with a few things to see if I can make some
improvements.