Installation from LibreOffice on MAC (arm64) with VENTURA.....

Christian Lohmaier lohmaier at googlemail.com
Thu Dec 1 10:45:27 UTC 2022

Hi *.

On Thu, Dec 1, 2022 at 10:20 AM Zhéxué M. Krawutschke
<sys.admin at robotum.ai> wrote:

> Good morning, everyone.
>
> Thank you very much for the tip with the OPTION button; unfortunately it did not work on my MAC today. Even with the latest version of 7.5.0 -alpha1..... I don't know what else could be the reason for this. I also tried to download it from another computer and then install it there, but that didn't work either…..

To be clear: to open the builds from the daily builders: Use
context-menu on the app, and hold down option key while selecting
"open" - that will show a "open anyway" along with the option to move
to trash or cancel the action. This is normal for stuff that is not
signed/notarized.

The builds in pre-releases folder, the ones officially provided by TDF
are signed and notarized, and should show the "Apple has checked for
malware and didn't find any" prompt asking whether you want to open it
or not.

so: https://dev-builds.libreoffice.org/daily/master/ ← daily builds
not signed, not notarized, need option-open (or going to security
settings and confirming the exception)

https://dev-builds.libreoffice.org/pre-releases/ ← staging directory
for official builds, signed and notarized.

So use the build here:
https://dev-builds.libreoffice.org/pre-releases/mac/aarch64/LibreOfficeDev_7.5.0.0.alpha1_MacOS_aarch64.dmg
and that should work just like 7.4.3

ciao