ESC meeting agenda: 2022-12-15 16:00 CET

Tomaž Vajngerl quikee at gmail.com
Thu Dec 15 01:46:22 UTC 2022

Hi,

On Thu, Dec 15, 2022 at 12:53 AM Miklos Vajna <vmiklos at collabora.com> wrote:

> * Release Engineering update (Cloph)
>      + 7.4 status: 7.4.4 rc1 this week?
>      + 7.5 status:
>        + issue building install sets on Windows, still investigating
>        + feature freeze this week week, also means the beta1 and -7-5
> branch
>           + (but can still +2 yourself for now)
>           + to be tagged later today
>        + no late features are known at this time
>          + have pending patch on master (Michael S)
>            + around PDF/UA, adding checkbox to the UI
>          + fine, UI freeze is only with RC1

I probably won't make it to the ESC, but I'd like to propose the "Touchpad
gesture support" as a late feature for 7.5. It's a series of 9 concise
patches starting with [1].

Ilmari has some more information about the origins of the patches.

Also for the record, Thorsten feedback regarding this on IRC was:
"thorsten at thorsten:libera.chat
<https://matrix.to/#/!nVjWIvNSZlrcKLMPNf:libera.chat/$2zIXwuDoTXQfFs3mGXSbzCfI1Zp4e6CilzMxTVGJjzw?via=libera.chat&via=matrix.org&via=allotropia.de>
buovjaga: can't make it tomorrow (family matters), but - very much in
support for getting this late feature in!
"

[1] https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/c/core/+/143751/2
<https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/c/core/+/143751/2>

Best Regards,