Unable to compile LibreOffice 7.3. Stuck at harfbuzz error messages

dreamnext at gmail.com dreamnext at gmail.com
Fri Feb 4 16:15:53 UTC 2022

After a lot of blind steps to try to solve the issue of Harfbuzz/graphite
when trying to compile LibreOffice 7.3 on 32-bit, I finally gave up. My
limited knowledge on the source code was not enough to solve this issue. In
the end, the workaround was to compile 7.2.5, which worked perfectly and
without a hitch on the same development machine.

For now, the users of our upcoming version of the Escuelas Linux
distribution 32-bit edition are going to have to stick to LibreOffice
7.2.5. Nevertheless, I wonder if this failure to compile would be the
result of some slip in the 7.3.0 code or, worse yet, from 7.3 onward is not
going to be possible to compile for 32-bit architecture.