tdf#140286 - CALC formula =INFO("OSVERSION") gives wrong output

Wols Lists antlists at youngman.org.uk
Fri Jan 14 22:24:05 UTC 2022

On 14/01/2022 21:26, Chris Sherlock wrote:
> I will work on a patch for Linux that parses /etc/os-release with a fallback to just the kernel version if that is not available (virtually all desktop systems use systemd now).

Are you sure?

Okay, it's mostly the mad hold-outs, but Devuan, funtoo, gentoo, that's
three distros off the top of my head that don't default to systemd. And
they're the ones (gentoo especially) that devs might well be running.

I think a sane set of options from uname is much better. That's pretty
much guaranteed to be universal, I believe, and you could even make the
options a user-specified matter should they be mad enough to want to.

Cheers,
Wol