Mapping c3DShininess to property 'Shininess'

Regina Henschel rb.henschel at t-online.de
Thu Jan 20 14:10:36 UTC 2022

Hi Miklos,

Miklos Vajna schrieb am 20.01.2022 um 11:18:
> Hi Regina,
>
> On Wed, Jan 19, 2022 at 06:38:05PM +0100, Regina Henschel <rb.henschel at t-online.de> wrote:
>> I'm going to use API 'Shininess' = 10 * c3DShininess. That maps MS default 5
>> to ODF default 50%. It would imply, that for rendering an ODF document
>> SDRATTR_3DOBJ_MAT_SPECULAR_INTENSITY= 2^(ODF/10) is used.
>>
>> Do you have any concerns or a better idea?
>
> I don't see anything obviously wrong with this approach.
>
> Just curious, do you implement this on (2D) custom shapes or is this for
> 3D objects?

Using 'Shininess' = 10 * c3DShininess on MS import sets the property of
the 2D custom shape. It is one of the more than twenty extrusion
properties. It is the same property as EAS_Shininess in xmloff.

There is nothing to add or change for 3D objects, the property is fully
implemented. It is the field "Specular Intensity" in the "Material" tab
of the "3D Effects" dialog.

Kind regards
Regina