Making a light 'soft' in a 3D scene

Regina Henschel rb.henschel at t-online.de
Mon Jan 24 14:51:13 UTC 2022

Hi Armin, hi all,

a light can be 'harsh' or 'not harsh' (that means 'soft') in an extruded
custom shape. This is independent from the material property 'specular'.
A 'soft' light is rendered in MS Office, as if the light has a wider
emitting area in real world.

The UI of our 3D-Scenes does not have something in this kind. Is there
in the internal handling of 3D-Scenes something, that can easily be
extended to produce such light effect?

Currently I experiment with using additional lights in the 3D-scene that
is used to render an extruded custom shape. But that emulates the effect
not really good and means a large effort.

Kind regards,
Regina