Making a light 'soft' in a 3D scene

Regina Henschel rb.henschel at t-online.de
Mon Jan 31 18:17:16 UTC 2022

Hi Armin, hi all,

Regina Henschel schrieb am 25.01.2022 um 17:59:

> Armin Le Grand schrieb am 25.01.2022 um 10:13:
>> [..]
>> HTH for the moment,

> Yes. It shows me, that it is better to continue with my approach to use
> additional lights. The extruded shape has only two lights in its file
> definition, but we have up to eight lights in the scene. A test with
> shadow will then follow.

I have finished a solution for the extruded custom shapes which uses
additional four lights around the regular light for the case the regular
light is 'soft'. I think it is sufficient near to rendering in MS
Office. You can examine it in
https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/c/core/+/128449

Kind regards
Regina