Week 5 - update

Hannah Meeks hmeeks4135 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 16 16:59:43 UTC 2022


This week I managed to finish making the framework in order to run my tests
- https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/c/core/+/136943

Still had some problems with the debugger but this was resolved after
moving the python warnings around -

One of the most useful things I did was in vcl/source/window/dialog.cxx -
Dialog::ImplStartExecute - where I swapped the dialog "cancelled in silent
mode" to a SAL_DEBUG so that I can see basic errors. This would be good to
have on all unit tests so that when they fail randomly there is a clear
reason why.

Managed to upload most of my macros tests and try these in writer, two
objects - Word and Sentence are not implemented in writer so the plan is to
do this at some point in the next few weeks then run the tests -

Testing with ParagraphFormat lots of properties/attributes are missing so
will try to add some of those next week in order for tests to pass.

Had some problems with ActiveDocument.Select not working in writer so fixed
this by adding the select method to the Document object -

I updated XRange to include Find -
Got a bit confused with what was happening with the selection on the find
object so wrote some more tests to look at this in word - seemingly
Selection.Find.Execute creates the selection (if nothing was selected
previously) or it makes a range to do the find and replace on and then
returns a new selection depending on find settings. I tried to have a look
at this in sw/source/ui/vba/vbaselection.cxx but hopefully will fix it by
next week.

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <https://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/libreoffice/attachments/20220716/86ce67f3/attachment.htm>

More information about the LibreOffice mailing list