'make check' fails when building with gcov code coverage

Miklos Vajna vmiklos at collabora.com
Thu Jun 2 06:52:27 UTC 2022

Hi Maarten,

On Tue, May 31, 2022 at 01:30:58PM +0200, Maarten Hoes <hoes.maarten at gmail.com> wrote:
> As for checking if skia gets built with gcc instead of skipped when clang
> is not available, what would be the best way to verify that ? I guess that
> after the build a 'libskia.so' or something should be present ? I have a
> './instdir/program/libskialo.so', after a gcov build, would that be it ?

One possible way would be to extend configure.ac, so in case you enable
coverage, then we don't try to build skia with clang.

One trouble there is that normally gb_GCOV=YES is only set during
'make'. Perhaps adding a new --enable-coverage option that makes
gb_GCOV=YES the default would solve both problems.

Regards,

Miklos