Google Drive iIntegration

Christian Lohmaier lohmaier at googlemail.com
Thu Jun 9 09:31:55 UTC 2022

Hi *,

On Thu, Jun 9, 2022 at 8:19 AM Miklos Vajna <vmiklos at collabora.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Jun 08, 2022 at 09:44:36AM -0700, John Casagrande <john.t.casagrande at icloud.com> wrote:
> > I am trying to understand what libraries or code is used to integrate
> > my Google Online account, Google Drive folders, in the File Open menu
> > of Writer.
>
> LibreOffice depends on libcmis from <https://github.com/tdf/libcmis> to
> integrate with google drive.

However since the changes in authentication imposed by google, libcmis
is merely used for the purpose of having a unified model across
different online services. Authentication is handled by LO now, and
that will have to change again since Google will fade out and
ultimately disable the copy'n'paste method.

TDF didn't apply for the advanced privileges yet (never would be
approved with the copy'n'paste method), so access is limited to files
you create with LibreOffice/are explicitly shared with LibreOffice.

> > I am unclear on why some apps show the Network shares like OWriter,
> > while others like VScode do not. Is this configuration issue or an
> > underlying lack of feature inclusion in VS Code?
>
> I bet VS Code is not using libcmis.

Yep, most definitely not :-)

ciao
Christian