Building LibreOffice on Raspberry Pi 4

Rene Engelhard rene at debian.org
Thu Jun 9 11:08:01 UTC 2022

Hi,

Am 08.06.22 um 22:37 schrieb Rene Engelhard:
> [CXX]
> workdir/UnpackedTarball/pdfium/third_party/base/allocator/partition_allocator/partition_oom.cpp
>> {standard input}: Assembler messages:
>> {standard input}:194: Error: selected processor does not support
>> `yield' in ARM mode
>> make[1]: *** [/home/pi/Projects/core/solenv/gbuild/LinkTarget.mk:404:
>> /home/pi/Projects/core/workdir/GenCxxObject/UnpackedTarball/pdfium/third_party/base/allocator/partition_allocator/spin_lock.o]
>> Error 1
>>
> Works here.
>
> (Though on Debian unstable)

... even with dbgutil :) (After disabling some internal libs...)

> The final problem that I have encountered was that some libraries were
> build with a '-lo' suffix, as it was expected:

You mean *were not*, I assume?

And that is completely explainable, the modules patch the (generated by
automake) Makefile.in (that then becomes Makefile when running
configure). Probably because patching Makefile.am would have triggered a
automatic re-automake...

See e.g. external/libwpg/libwpg-bundled-soname.patch.0

autoreconf also runs automake which regenerates Makefile.in from
Makefile.am and thus you loose the -release lo...

Regards,

Rene