Need help with ScLookupCache

Winfried Donkers winfried.libreoffice at gmail.com
Mon Jun 20 15:00:11 UTC 2022

Hi Luboš,

>> Am I correct when stating that ScLookupCache currently cannot cope with
>> the combinations
>>    eOp SC_GREATER_EQUAL and sorted in ascending order
>> and
>>    eOp SC_LESSER_EQUAL and sorted in descending order?
>
>   No, it's not correct, why would you think that would be the case? As the name
> says, ScLookupCache is just a cache, so it stores the result of a lookup. It
> cares only what the operation was and its result, it doesn't care what the
> source data was (and it'll get discarded if the source data changes).

The reason is that XLOOKUP works fine with all combinations of eOp and
order except those mentioned. Also, ScLookupCache mentions functions
MATCH and LOOKUP, which do not have these combinations.
Now I know for sure my assumption is not correct I can debug in detail
to find out what goes wrong.

>   The code for looking up in sorted data is in queryiter.cpp .

Thank you,

Winfried