More information about hung Jenkins builds

Stephan Bergmann sbergman at redhat.com
Thu Jun 23 08:47:58 UTC 2022

On 19/06/2020 12:38, Stephan Bergmann wrote:
> With
> <https://git.libreoffice.org/lode/+/755d10a73be251390d6512c65e93d249c60b0ba1%5E%21>
> "Print backtraces of leftover processes from kill-wrapper" (and its
> follow-up
> <https://git.libreoffice.org/lode/+/1a7b6d021a4ab7118c588fa85f0f9e6c0ee28c85%5E%21>
> "Don't generate full backtraces, for performance reasons") we now get
> backtraces of hung processes, for those Jenkins jobs that use kill-wrapper.

And with
<https://git.libreoffice.org/lode/+/bee367cdd89ec187603dccc73403e413eed6cc67%5E%21>
"kill-wrapper: Also dump content of any log files" we now get the
content of gbuild's log files that capture the stdout/-err of the hung
processes (and which gbuild would only print out when those processes
fail, so which was lost when the processes got killed by kill-wrapper).

I rolled that out manually across tb75, tb76, and tb79.  But I
unfortunately forgot again how to reach the other relevant Jenkins Linux
machines, so I tried to update them with
<https://ci.libreoffice.org/job/admin_lode/> instead.  That succeeded
for tb88-linux.  But it failed for tb85, tb87, tb89-linux, and tb91, due
to either "error: cannot pull with rebase: You have unstaged changes."
or "You are not currently on a branch.  Please specify which branch you
want to rebase against."

So it would be great if
* someone can update the remaining machines, and
* the lode checkout on the Jenkins machines would generally be in a
state so that <https://ci.libreoffice.org/job/admin_lode/> can do its job.