New function UNOIDL interface

Miklos Vajna vmiklos at collabora.com
Wed Mar 23 08:28:36 UTC 2022

Hi Juergen,

> I have this patch https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/c/core/+/130692. When the user performs an "Update All" it is possible that there can be overwrites, via dialog box is pointed out, but when this is canceled, immediately the same query occurs again.
> Because there are two updates (for the links and for the OLE object), to distinguish these two updates I have found no other solution than to extend the UNOIDL interface by a function.
>
> Maybe someone has a better solution to not change the UNOIDL interface.

Did you consider adding a new
offapi/com/sun/star/embed/XEmbeddedObject2.idl instead of changing the
existing XEmbeddedObject one? That would avoid the need to change an
existing, published interface.

Or in case you think that it's not likely that any external UNO API user
would use that interface, then perhaps you should mark it as
non-published.

Regards,

Miklos