New line break attribute "clear"

Regina Henschel rb.henschel at t-online.de
Mon Mar 28 10:33:14 UTC 2022

Hi Miklos,

Miklos Vajna schrieb am 28.03.2022 um 10:09:
> Hi Regina,
>
> On Thu, Mar 17, 2022 at 12:16:42PM +0100, Miklos Vajna <vmiklos at collabora.com> wrote:
>> No, so far I only added layout for the "all" case, and tested only with
>> top->bottom left->right. But I'll take a look at RTL once the plain
>> left/right clear types are done.
>
> Plain left/right will be in master soon (pending in gerrit). I checked
> RTL, and it seems to me that RTL is not special here. This is probably
> expect, start and end maps to left/right based on RTL, but "left" means
> "left" unconditionally. Feel free to double-check if I missed anything.

I will test RTL when clear="left" and clear="right" are available in the
daily build.

Problem is Asian tb-rl. I have attached an example document. When you
open it in LO you see the huge line spacing.

>>> b) Does your "work in progress" includes a UI?
>>
>> Both of these are currently missing, but I plan to add them.
>
> The insert break dialog now has a dropdown list to decide the type.

Nice. I have seen, that you have introduced new formatting marks too.

>> I'll get back to this thread when I think the feature is in a reasonable
>> state, because when it would make sense to file an ODF proposal for
>> this. (And then you can play around with the layout / UI.)
>
> I wrote up some text for the ODF proposal, attached.
>
> Could you please file a JIRA ticket for this?

I will write a JIRA ticket for it and post the number then.

Kind regards,
Regina