trigger MapMode ScaleX change in writer

Michael Weghorn m.weghorn at posteo.de
Wed May 25 20:37:18 UTC 2022

On 25/05/2022 15.42, Mark Hung wrote:
> You're right. GetScaleX() changes as soon as I zoom the document in or out.
> I have just neglected that there is another precondition: OutputDevice
> must be a printer (bPrt ==true)
> I'm still trying to figure out how to have a OutputDevice use a
> different scale value.
> I'm using a Linux VM so I don't know if a physical printer can make a
> difference.

In case you need a CUPS printer, CUPS-PDF (e.g. provided by the
printer-driver-cups-pdf package in Debian) might help.

 From an application perspective, that should behave like a "real printer".

You can also set up a dummy printer with any PPD file of a real HW
printer by setting "FileDevice Yes" in /etc/cups/cups-files.conf,
restarting cups and then using e.g. this command

     sudo lpadmin -p dummyprinter -v file:/tmp/tofile-dummyprinter -P
<path_to_ppd_file.ppd> -E