Porting libreoffice to riscv64 arch

Bo YU tsu.yubo at gmail.com
Thu May 26 02:50:31 UTC 2022

Hi,
On Tue, May 24, 2022 at 06:28:06AM +0200, Rene Engelhard wrote:
>Hi,
>
>Am 24.05.22 um 02:37 schrieb Bo YU:
>>Hi,
>>On Mon, May 23, 2022 at 06:34:38PM +0200, Rene Engelhard wrote:
>>>
>>>You can set ENABLE_LTO=n to get it built without LTO, though.
>>
>>Ok, my fix is very buggly:
>>
>>```
>>ifeq "$(ENABLE_MERGELIBS)" "y"
>># vimer: fix
>> ENABLE_LTO=n
>>else
>> ENABLE_LTO=n
>>endif
>>```
>>
>No worry, I do that in quick tests all the time :)
>

>>Well enough. Because `ENABLE_LTO` will affect LTO only in here. it would
>>be better to disable LTO depend on ARCH.
>>
>Yup. Or (temporarily) add a exception for risvc64 here.
>
>We do have one already for mips64el, see
>
>https://salsa.debian.org/libreoffice-team/libreoffice/libreoffice/-/blob/master/rules#L676
>ff.
>
>(Strictly speaking LTO is already depending on arch, since it's only
>done when doing MERGELIBS, which means only on 64bit :-)
>
>>Luckily, We got the *bridge* part:
>
>[...]
>

>There we arrive in regions I cannot help with...

First thank you, Rene, I did get some *porting* work done with your
help. As you know, the bridge UNO part code will cast me more time to
understand. So I update the status about libreoffice port to riscv64 on
Debian. This is useful if anyone has interesting to try it.

To build libreoffice package on riscv64 arch, you need apply the
*patch*[0] and the d/rules that was descripted in the mail thread:

Except for the code under bridges/source/cpp_uno/gcc3_linux_riscv64/,
other codes should be referenced. The code under
bridges/source/cpp_uno/gcc3_linux_riscv64/ is the core of libreoffice
supporting riscv, which will support riscv native for libreoffice.

And now I agree with John said, maye it will get more help from
libreoffice upstream. So, Rene, please do not mind if I am ccing the
libreoffice people. At least, I wish people tell me how to start it:)

Bo,

[0]: https://github.com/yuzibo/debian_dev/blob/main/0004-libreoffice-add_support_riscv64.diff

--
Best Regards,