'make check' fails when building with gcov code coverage

Miklos Vajna vmiklos at collabora.com
Fri May 27 06:13:19 UTC 2022

Hi Maarten,

On Wed, May 25, 2022 at 02:38:27PM +0200, Maarten Hoes <hoes.maarten at gmail.com> wrote:
> I've been trying to run 'make check' in combination with building
> LibreOffice with gcov code coverage, and get failures for the following
> tests :
>

> gb_GCOV=YES verbose=t make UITest_solver
> gb_GCOV=YES verbose=t make CppunitTest_sccomp_solver
> gb_GCOV=YES verbose=t make CppunitTest_sccomp_swarmsolvertest
>

> I set the required *FLAGS on the autogen commandline, and ran make with
> 'gb_GCOV=YES'.

Could you please be more specific, exactly what environment variables
do you set in your autogen.input?

FWIW I usually just run coverage for some area of the codebase, using:

https://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/contrib/dev-tools/tree/lcov/coverage.sh

There we do not set any coverage-related environment variables in
autogen.input, just use gb_GCOV=YES when building the relevant files as
you already do.

> (BTW: does this list support attachments, for example, to include full logs
> ? Or is something like pastebin.com preferred for these sorts of things ?)

I send out bug stats in the ESC agenda as an attachment on weekly basis
(it was 240K last time), without problems.

If you want to refer to large files, then sending a link to them is
probably better.

Regards,

Miklos