ESC meeting minutes: 2022-05-26

Caolán McNamara caolanm at redhat.com
Mon May 30 09:08:01 UTC 2022

On Mon, 2022-05-30 at 06:40 +0000, Michael Weghorn wrote:
> Ah, I see. IIUC, this is then about more specific topics than I was
> assuming previously

It doesn't have to be specific tasks, more that the above 4 issues are
mentioned quite a bit. For base we know the idea of moving to embedded
firebird by default stalled and that there remains a problematic java
dependency in the report generator.

For a11y I don't know what is seen as the major problems, is there some
fundamentally missing pieces (like in the past not having direct
windows IAccessible2 support and needing a java access bridge). Or are
the fundamentals ok and its a matter of a general malaise. Is the
general widgetry ok, but particular components have poor document level
a11y. Or is there an endless amount of fairly easy entry level problems
that there isn't enough people to take care of.