[libreoffice-marketing] Re: [libreoffice-design] Re: Moving to LibreOffice 8?

Kelvene Requiroso kelvene at isms.ph
Sat Apr 1 01:19:23 UTC 2023

I'm sorry I am not aware of the dynamics within the team. I like the
exchange of ideas, sans insults and negative comments toward the person.
And I agree our opinions are subjective, though we must try to be as
objective as possible.

 From a marketing perspective, other than the product's features, we also
consider the context of the users or prospective end-users -- the
market. Italo's suggestion of using the number 8 for the version naming,
I think, is a good idea. Usually, the market only responds to the
campaign once the product is on the roll, though a version rename
without a major or significant addition or change would be a hollow one.
So, it calls for a more balanced approach where the developers and
marketing team collaborate. Thanks, Stephane, for the list of the major
changes to do for the next version.

Thanks!

Kelvene