new bridgetest failures in 7.6 on ppc64le

Dan Horák dan at danny.cz
Thu Aug 31 08:21:05 UTC 2023

Hello,

I am working with the Fedora LibreOffice team on keeping LO building on
ppc64le and s390x platforms and we found some new test failures during the
rebase to 7.6. This is the first of them.

[CXX] vcl/qa/cppunit/GraphicTest.cxx
[CXX] vcl/qa/cppunit/GraphicDescriptorTest.cxx
two floats struct test failed
four floats struct test failed
standard test failed
exception occurred: error: test failed! at /home/sharkcz/projects/libreoffice/testtools/source/bridgetest/bridgetest.cxx:1268

> error: error: test failed! at /home/sharkcz/projects/libreoffice/testtools/source/bridgetest/bridgetest.cxx:1268
> dying...make[1]: *** [/home/sharkcz/projects/libreoffice/testtools/CustomTarget_uno_test.mk:26: /home/sharkcz/projects/libreoffice/workdir/CustomTarget/testtools/uno_test.done] Error 1

I have tracked it down to
https://git.libreoffice.org/core/+/32c845cb4389aba9430ce471b04f2891f5ff630d%5E%21/
So I guess it possibly uncovered a real issue somewhere else.

Seems the TwoFloat/FourFloat checks from
https://git.libreoffice.org/core/+/refs/heads/master/testtools/source/bridgetest/bridgetest.cxx#472
are called twice during "make unitcheck" and the second run returns
garbage in the second (and third/fourth?) member. Any pointers where to
look further or any help on resolving it would be appreciated.

The plan is to looks at the other new failures as well, set a baseline
and then run some CI to catch any new issues early.

	Thanks,

		Dan