Randomized tests in CppunitTest_basegfx

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at collabora.com
Wed Feb 22 15:20:45 UTC 2023

Hi Stephan,

On 22/02/2023 10:54, Stephan Bergmann wrote:
> <https://ci.libreoffice.org//job/lo_ubsan/2691> failed
> CppunitTest_basegfx with
> in testTrapezoidHelper that had originally been introduced in
> <https://git.libreoffice.org/core/+/82b56544a7a53528970632d086c3cfd8ef879335%5E!/>
> "basegfx: accelerate Trapezoid subdivision by avoiding allocations" and
> apparently uses random data (via basegfx2d::getRandomOrdinal, defined in
> basegfx/test/boxclipper.cxx), so that runs of CppunitTest_basegfx are
> not reproducible (so that there's no good way to reproduce and fix the
> above division by zero error).  Can that test be made reproducible please?

	Ooh - interesting; so would using the boxclipper's getRandomOrdinal -
which uses rand() and (I assume) could be consistently seeded ?

	Or could we consistently seed:

	comphelper::rng::uniform_size_distribution(

	To produced a known pattern ? or we could hard-code a set of numbers
(which I guess) wouldn't provoke the problem into the test.

	Would be lovely to find the sequence that kills it of course,

	Thoughts much appreciated,

		Michael.

--
michael.meeks at collabora.com <><, GM Collabora Productivity