Question re the uno-skeletonmaker'-t' CLI qualifier

Stephan Bergmann sbergman at redhat.com
Wed Jan 25 09:05:42 UTC 2023

see <https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/c/core/+/146126> "Fix typo"

> However treating the '-t' option as a service rather than an interface,
> as follows, works.  An <org/openoffice/adl/util> directory tree is
> created in the directory where the skeletonmaker CLI command was run,
> and a very plausible skeleton CalcDL1.java file was created in <util>
> though I haven't been through it in detail.
[...]
> Your comment "[...] So I would assume that -t must specify that
> interface type." is what I'd expect too.  That's reinforced by the HELP
> text which states:  "-t <name> specifies a UNOIDL type name, e.g.
> com.sun.star.text.XText (can be used more than once". Not much doubt
> there...

So the uno-skeletonmaker help and diagnostic output apparently uses,
somewhat consistently but maybe also somewhat confusingly, the term
"type" to mean both UNOIDL interfaces and UNOIDL services.

> There's evidently a discrepancy between the LibreOffice Developer's
> Guide, the skeletonmaker HELP text, introductory comments in the
> skeletonmaker source code, all other API guides which repeat the HELP
> text, and what actually works.

Not sure there's any actual discrepancies here?  (Note how
<https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Documentation/DevGuide/Spreadsheet_Documents#Spreadsheet_Add-Ins>
also states:  "The add-in component has to support two services, the
<idl>com.sun.star.sheet.AddIn</idl> service, and an additional service
that is used to identify the set of functions that the add-in supplies.")