Configuration problem: checking for UCRT location fails

Hossein Nourikhah hossein at libreoffice.org
Fri Jan 27 13:23:05 UTC 2023

Hello,

One of our mentees was trying to build LibreOffice on Windows using
LODE. At first, he mistakenly didn't install C/C++ development workload
("Desktop development with C++") from Visual Studio 2022. He had only
installed individual components that were listed in the TDF wiki.

But after checking the Visual Studio 2022 workloads and individual
components in a joint call, he also installed the above workload, and I
think the installed Visual Studio workloads and components are OK now.
He can successfully compile and run a test C++ program in Visual Studio
2022.

Even now, when invoking ./autogen.sh, he gets this error message. The
complete log is also attached as config-output.txt.

$ ./autogen.sh
.
.
.
checking for Windows SDK... found Windows SDK 10.0
(/cygdrive/c/PROGRA~2/WI3CF2~1/10)
checking for midl.exe... C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows
Kits\10\/Bin/10.0.22621.0/x64/midl.exe
checking for csc.exe...
C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\/csc.exe
checking for al.exe... C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft
SDKs\Windows\v10.0A\bin\NETFX 4.8.1 Tools\/al.exe
checking .NET Framework... found:
C:/PROGRA~2/WI3CF2~1/NETFXSDK/48D70E~1.1/
checking whether jumbo sheets are supported... yes
checking whether to enable runtime optimizations... yes
checking for valgrind/valgrind.h... no
checking for sys/sdt.h... no
checking what the C++ library is... configure: error: Could not figure
out what C++ library this is
Error running configure at ./autogen.sh line 322.
make: *** No rule to make target 'check'.  Stop.

The problem can also be seen from config.log, which is also attached. At
some point, the compiler is detected correctly, but the UCRT library is
not:

configure:13493: checking build compiler
configure:13527: result:
C:/PROGRA~1/MICROS~1/2022/COMMUN~1/VC/Tools/MSVC/14.34.31933/bin/Hostx64/x64/cl.exe
configure:13573: checking for short pathname of VC product directory
configure:13576: result: C:/PROGRA~1/MICROS~1/2022/COMMUN~1/VC
configure:13582: checking for UCRT location
configure:13586: result:  ()

I had also a similar issue on my computer. As I could successfully
configure LibreOffice in a Cygwin shell, and not in another with
different configuration, I compared the results of the two
configurations and environment variables, and I could see that by
disabling pseudo console, I could get a successful configuration:

export CYGWIN="disable_pcon"
https://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/using-cygwinenv.html

Unfortunately, this was not the case for him, and didn't help. Also,
this approach may have some performance impacts. So, I appreciate any
help to resolve this problem.

Regards,
Hossein