Stepping down from ESC & Developer certification committee

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at collabora.com
Fri Jun 30 14:38:29 UTC 2023

Hi Kendy,

On 30/06/2023 14:27, Jan Holesovsky wrote:
> This is a very sad day for me - the next month it would be 20 years
> since I started contributing to the codebase that we call LibreOffice

	Its too sad.

	Instead of dwelling on that though; I'd like however to pay a grateful
tribute to your contributions over those years:

	From your patience with StarDivision - coaxing them towards git  by
building and demonstrating the tooling that made the git migration
possible :-); creating the Qt backend for LibreOffice at SUSE; designing
and building the foundations for many of our OpenXML filters; leading
and managing the SUSE team; making the Collabora spin-out a success;
laying the foundations of Online with Tor - from dialog tunnelling, to
message queues; delivering and in cases selling so many projects to
improve LibreOffice for everyone, to managing and mentoring and hiring
Collabora staff and community members left & right; serving
constructively as a founder of TDF and on many boards & in many roles;
not to mention (now I re-count) 3500+ commits =)

> Thanks to all the people who were kind, helpful & inspiring during my
> OOo and LibreOffice journey!
	And thanks for your friendship and personal encouragement & support;
late-night FOSDEM slide preparation, as we fought impossible odds and
deadlines on a shoe-string budget - to keep the LibreOffice dream alive
and relevant =)

	You'll be deeply missed & I hope over time things will change and you
won't be able to stay away :-)

	Best wishes,

		Michael.

--