Offset uniqueness in vector of ColorSteps

Armin Le Grand armin_le_grand at me.com
Thu Mar 16 10:18:07 UTC 2023

Hi Regina & Michael,

On 3/15/23 16:24, Regina Henschel wrote:
> Hi Armin, hi Michael,
>
> Michael, I have put you an CC, because this is about ODF. Do you
> prefer one of the ideas (A)(B)(C)(D) or have a better idea?
Yes, pls add your 2ct.

> (D)
> Add
>     <rng:zeroOrMore>
>         <rng:ref name="svg-stop"/>
>     </rng:zeroOrMore>
> as child elements to <draw:gradient>
> Add that in case <svg:stop> child elements exist, draw:start-color
> together with draw:start-intensity is treated as being a <svg:stop>
> element with svg:offset="0%" and svg:opacity="1" before all given
> <svg:stop> elements,
> and draw:end-color together with draw:end-intensity is treated as
> being a svg:stop element with svg:offset="100%" and svg:opacity="1"
> after all given <svg:stop> elements,
> and draw:gradient-step-count is treated as "0".
> Specify that the rules in 13.2.4 SVG 1.1. ... shall be followed.
Thanks, that looks good to me, see below.

>>> What do you mean by "take out"?
>>

>> Just that for 0% I would use our draw:start-color and for 100% our
>> draw:end-color. I would only write new entries in svg-conform
>> semantic for offsets ]0%..100%[. This is to stay as compatible as
>> possible. It also makes no sense to 'double' the information with
>> having the same color represented e.g. for StartColor once as
>> draw:start-color and once as <stop offset="0%"/>.
>
> I think, that would be like I have described as way (D).
Yes, I agree and that's what I would suggest to do for now. It stays as
compatible as possible and the incremental 'bigger' solutions will be
possible based on that AFAICT.

> Because the introduction of theme colors, it might be needed to extend
> <svg:stop> to not only have stop-color attribute in the sense of SVG
> but allow a reference to a scheme-color in addition. In case of (D)
> that would have to be added for start- and end-color too.
Will think about that, too...

> Kind regards,
> Regina

Regards,
     Armin

ALG (PGP: EE1C 4B3F E751 D8BC C485 DEC1 3C59 F953 D81C F4A2)