Win releases git repository

Mike Kaganski mikekaganski at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 31 11:01:42 UTC 2023

On 31.03.2023 13:43, Xisco Fauli wrote:
> At least for 3.x and 4.x releases I had to do the following tweaks:
>
> 1. Extract files from msi

Possibly it would make sense to use administrative install instead?
Possibly that would also make almost all the rest of the steps unnecessary?

   msiexec -a path\to\msi

and then point where to extract the files (I'd just point to the
destination "instdir" directory, so that the usual "program", "share",
etc. are under it). This should create a usable directory structure, and
only require the tweak of program/bootstrap.ini.

> 2. Move *.dll files in URE/bin to instdir/program
>
> 3. Move *.rdb files in URE/misc to instdir/program
>
> 4. Move msvcp* and msvcr* from Win/System/ to instdir/program
>
> 5. Append to instdir/program/uno.ini
>
> [Bootstrap]
> URE_INTERNAL_LIB_DIR=\${ORIGIN}
> URE_INTERNAL_JAVA_DIR=\${ORIGIN}/classes
> URE_INTERNAL_JAVA_CLASSPATH=\${URE_MORE_JAVA_TYPES}
> UNO_TYPES=\${ORIGIN}/types.rdb \${URE_MORE_TYPES}
> UNO_SERVICES=\${ORIGIN}/services.rdb \${URE_MORE_SERVICES}

I never needed this, when I used the admin install option.

> 6. Change UserInstallation in instdir/program/bootstrap.ini ( to use a
> different user profile )

Yes, this is a needed step.

> 7. touch instdir/ure-link ( so calling .exe files directly works )

I haven't needed this.

--
Best regards,
Mike Kaganski