ESC meeting minutes: 2023-04-27

Stephan Bergmann sbergman at redhat.com
Thu May 4 06:30:42 UTC 2023

On 4/27/23 16:54, Miklos Vajna wrote:
> * What’s cooking (Miklos)
>    + officecfg/ cleanup (Gabor)
>      + removing config keys which are unused for years (Thorsten)
>      + no objections (Stephan, Michael)

One thing that just crossed my mind that removing seemingly unused
templates may be more of an issue than removing seemingly unused
non-template groups, props etc.:  When an extension or 3rd-party code
brings .xcu data for non-existing non-template elements, that should
silently be ignored by configmgr.  But when they bring data that
references a non-existing template, that could cause an exception during
soffice start-up.