libmspub fails to build with GCC 15, please release a new version

Eli Schwartz eschwartz at gentoo.org
Thu Aug 15 22:26:28 UTC 2024

GCC 15 isn't out yet but we at Gentoo are doing prep work for it. Here
is the bug report for our package: https://bugs.gentoo.org/937418

The underlying issue here is that src/lib/Coordinate.h uses an int64_t
type. It needs to include the cstdint header (stdint.h) but previous
versions of GCC hid that because stdint.h was transitively included by
other headers.

It turns out this is actually fixed in git master of libmspub.

commit 28c545e7d04d58af998bcf4af5d1bb326d29836c
Author: David Tardon <dtardon at redhat.com>
Date:   Mon Mar 12 06:23:48 2018

    ofz#6469 ensure coords are in correct order

    I.e., xs <= xe and ys <= ye. The previous situation could lead to
    surprises like negative width/height.

    Change-Id: I23fc2786292d9eebe713870a69e577c9324da09f

This added boost/cstdint.hpp but a month after the most recent release.
There have been 8 untagged commits to libmspub since 2018.

I would like to suggest tagging a new release so that when GCC 15 is
released, libmspub will continue building successfully.

Thanks in advance.

--
Eli Schwartz