GSOC More and Better Tests Weekly Update

Adam Seskunas adamseskunas at gmail.com
Wed Aug 21 04:46:58 UTC 2024

Hello,

This week I've written three new tests from the Missing Unit test list. In
addition to writing tests I've spent some time searching for more test
candidates and updating the spreadsheet I had compiled in the project
proposal.

Test for tdf56738
https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/c/core/+/172089

Test for tdf127048
https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/c/core/+/171977

XIsco has noted that a test I wrote last week, for tdf160301, is not an
export test as it is written, but was placed in
sw/qa/extras/ww8export/ww8export4.cxx. Since the bug only involves the
importing of a .doc file, I have moved the test over to
sw/qa/extras/ww8import/ww8import.cxx.
https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/c/core/+/172160

I have also written a test for tdf120629. This patch hasn't been submitted
yet since it resides in the same file as the original placement of
tdf160301. I will wait for tdf160301 to be merged so that I can locally
make sure there is no merge conflict before submitting tdf120629 to Gerrit.

Last of all I've spent some time updating the Missing Unit Tests
spreadsheet from the project proposal. Its a little messy, but I've marked
which bug reports I've not been able to reproduce as well as bug reports
that are for, one reason or another not possible to reproduce. This
spreadsheet has been very useful and I will continue to update it for the
remainder of the project.

Have a good week,
Adam Seskunas