[GSoC .NET Bindings for UNO, Week 13] native bridge

Ritobroto Mukherjee ritobroto04 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 24 09:15:52 UTC 2024

Hello everyone,

Sorry I could not send in a work report last week. Life and family got
in the way a lot and not much significant progress was made then.

This week I continued work on the native bridge. The FirstLoadComponent
example is now complete and can run now. The next example under work is
HelloTextTableShape which partially works.

The marshalling challenge has been resolved on the .NET side, and only
needs to be completed on the native side, which is not a blocker since
the other bridges can help provide examples here.

Changes in short:
- Added queryInterface capabilities.
- Added parameter marshalling and unmarshalling on .NET end.
- Ported FirstLoadComponent example.
- Added interface property setter support.
- Added the ability for the bridge to pass exceptions to .NET.
- Added convienience functions to Any and IQueryInterface.
- Added a Deconstruct method to UNO structs in .NET.
https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/c/core/+/170916

Best regards,
Ritobroto