[GSoC] Comments in Sidebar Deck: Weekly Update

Mohit Marathe mohitmarathe at proton.me
Tue Aug 27 20:19:50 UTC 2024

Hello everyone,

In the last week, I made the "Show" option work [1]. It has two
options that are working "Resolved" (which hides the resolved
comments when unchecked) and "Time" (which shows time of the
comment when selected). There still one more option "Reference"
which should be for setting the visibility of reference text on
the thread. But the reference text is shown in the same node which
contains the arrow button to collapse the thread. So to make this
work, a custom widget might be needed.

Apart from this, I replaced the buttons to icons in the comment
widget [2]. I also fixed a UI issue in which the spacing between
the thread after collapsing was weird.

[1] https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/c/core/+/172379
[2] https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/c/core/+/172380

Thanks,