Adding Native support to Histogram Chart in LO

Devansh Varshney varshney.devansh614 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 30 15:19:21 UTC 2024

Hi,

The axis option like the MSO-2016 and onwards is now visible in the Chart
Type dialog in the Side Bar Type of the UI selection for the charts.(as
seen in the image)

[image: image.png]

Here is a video of this working -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_H-eWhnQm-g

We already had entries for these custom options in the IDL file, but I have
refined a little the FrequencyType -

service HistogramDiagram
{
service com::sun::star::chart::Diagram;
service com::sun::star::chart::ChartStatistics;
service com::sun::star::chart::ChartAxisXSupplier;
service com::sun::star::chart::ChartTwoAxisYSupplier;

/** Specifies the number of bins in the histogram. */
[property] long BinCount;

/** Specifies the range of values covered by the bins. */
[property] string BinRange;

/** Specifies the width of each bin in the histogram. */
[property] double BinWidth;

/**
* Specifies the type of frequency representation.
* 0: Automatic
* 1: Bin Width
* 2: Number of bins (BinCount)
* 3: By Category
*/
[property] short FrequencyType;

/** Specifies whether to include an overflow bin. */
[property, optional] boolean OverflowBin;

/** Specifies whether to include an underflow bin. */
[property, optional] boolean UnderflowBin;

};

We have to make sure that the Histogram calculation takes these custom
values and correctly calculates the bars.

Currently, upon selecting any of the options, this is what we are getting -

[image: image.png]

--
*Regards,*
*Devansh*